PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2012, 20:53
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off with their heads

Jinglie # 511 - Time to walk Marty! We deserve better.
Indeed, but you can't just blame 'Beeker', who is a career public servant; I expect he only has a vague idea of which end the smoke comes out of. None of the three stooges are properly 'aviation' qualified; some of their very good people are, and I expect there is some head shaking and "I warned you" mutters floating about the place.

For my money, as clearly stated in Hansard 'he who must not be named' decided the outcome and sent his willing accomplice in to do the deed. "Beeker" worried about his budget (always) just went along for the ride. This is not the first time the grubby paws of "the" watchdog have been identified at the scene of the crime; nor is it the first time they have acted improperly and arguably illegally. Lets hope it's the last. Selah.

There is a whole world of passengers out there who, I'm sure would love to know that their life raft will vanish into the night and the life jacket (vest) without a spray hood, strobe, or even a humble whistle will probably kill them, if hypothermia or the sharks don't get 'em first. Three years and the information was just 'sat' on. Disgusting.

I note there is an 'in camera' session of the RRAT today, love to be Sen. Heffernan' s 'mate at the back of the room'. But wait, Blackhand will tell us, he claims to have 'heard' the "puerile, self serving" slop dished up during the last 'in camera' sessions. Senate knocks off at 1800 Blackie; no doubt we'll have a report by half past 1830 o'clock {sent from your Ipad}.

Last edited by Kharon; 30th Oct 2012 at 21:01. Reason: How do you know there's an elephant in the back of a Herc?