PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poor guys, never stood a chance
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2012, 13:05
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DADDY-OH, I donīt think I have a remarkable take on history.

I wanted you to see the parallels between the actions and especially the result.

I venture a guess here, not being killed yet myself, I think it does not make a difference who killed you. The result is the same.
The dambusters did what they have being told to do and Iīm pretty sure not following orders was a court martial offence in WWII also in the UK...as it was in Hitlers Germany.

I also know for a fact that allied soldiers shot at civilians in WWII, namely, e.g. at my mother who was a child then. I will never know wether this was done intenionally or not, the result if he`d hadn`t missed would have been the same. This happened when she was hearding goats on a meadow in the black forrest region. No military installation close.

Bomber Harris had his crews mostly aim at civilians, didnīt he? 'Breaking the morale', as it was put so gentlemanly. But of course, being british the bomber command had every right to do so. Because the Germans did it first.

But don`t tell me this was of any different result for children, females, elderly and others that were killed in the countless air raids of the RAF.

If the German Stuka crews were murderers, then RAF crew bombing/strafing not purely military installations were too.

There is a world of difference between victims through collateral damage of a bombing raid a few miles away from the target & targeting civilians through machine gun boresight & intentionally strafing them.
No.