PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadetship 2012 & 2013
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2012, 12:52
TequilaMockingbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChubbyPilot
Oh wow, you got through to testing without a PPL!? If you don't mind me asking, what's your age, education and flight experience level? Do you already have a Class 1 medical? I think a lot of us are curious on how people were selected. I'm also reading about how applicants with average high school scores have also progressed.
I can't see much harm in answering those questions, so here it is:

Education: Tertiary ed
Flight experience: TIF (aka none)
Class 1 Med: None
ARN: None
ASIC: None

However, I know my theory.

One of the young men also attending that I talked to had no aviation knowledge what so ever. I'm not sure how he fared.

wing boy
So my question is: Do you think having my PPL will set me above the rest when it comes to getting selected for a regular cadetship, or do you think I should complete my student training and then stop flying pending acceptance into a cadetship?
Sorry, but I honestly do not know.

The people that I met on the assessment day were sort of a mixed bag. Some had PPLs, some were progressing towards CPL, some had a few hours, one had some pretty good hours built up over a very long period, some had no hours (yours truly ).

wing boy
If I do continue my training and get my PPL it will mean that I will have to pay for part of my PPL training, all of my cadetship training (if I get in) and also repay my uni degree loan which is $27k.
Virgin's Cadetship uses VET-FEE HELP if that helps.

Last edited by TequilaMockingbird; 30th Oct 2012 at 13:29.