PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2012, 11:51
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/THR is disconnected to allow manual control of the thrust.
Nothing else.
To not be confused with :
L’autopoussée est débrayée de façon permanente afin d’inhiber l’activation d’ALPHA FLOOR.
A/THR is permanently disconnected to inhibit Alpha Floor activation.
This is absolutely typical of your tactics : selective quoting and selective memory.
You can't have it more than one way : either reject the whole report - as you've done in many instances - or accept everything in it.
On a previous post, I quoted the transcribed pre-takeoff briefing the captain gave the FO :
Au début du roulage à 12 h 29, le copilote demande au cdb de confirmer les éléments prévus pour les passages à Habsheim. Celui-ci indique qu’il effectuera la première présentation en config volets 3, train sorti à 100 pieds, à l’incidence maximale, Alpha floor débrayée, le copilote ajustant la poussée pour tenir le palier… à la demande du cdb, le copilote affichera la poussée maximale des moteurs, le cdb effectuant alors une montée en virage
What is really tragic is that he planned a deliberate dangerous manoeuvre with passengers on board, without any preparation except what he'd seen Airbus test pilots perform routinely. All went to hell because, after all and in spite of his very high self-esteem, he wasn't up to the piloting task, never understood the vision geometry -at a high nose-up attitude- involved and eventually was responsible for the deaths of innocent people.
Had the airplane had anything sinister about it, it believe it would have been revealed... that 25 years later, there are still people to defend the most reckless flying with pax on board is totally beyond me...
Of course, I'm not naive enough to ignore that some do have a very definite agenda...

Last edited by Lemurian; 30th Oct 2012 at 11:56.