PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB cutting corners on safety?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2003, 09:26
AN LAME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for the B767 quip....maybe we should have kept the Engineer and removed a pilot?? I wonder if your apathy would have been so apparent then.
Careful Oz... you may hit a nerve.
Smacks of the old days when people in this country thought you needed a flight engineer on a 767.
Should we tell him that Sir Peter and the F/E's were solely responsible for that one?

Apparently, if Boeing design an aircraft such that it soes not require a preflight, they also supply a bubble for the aircraft to fly and taxi around in so that nothing outside THEIR design standard can a) hit the aircraft; b) be hit by the aircraft; c) be ingested by the aircraft's engine(s).

Winstun, whilst your apathy has been noted, don't mistake that for excused. It's cowboys like yourself who lead to situations where scraps of paper ARE the Maintenance log because you accepted the responsibility of someone whom you had absolutely no competence to replace.You then wonder why there is no-one there when something does go wrong and you don't have the qualifications to assess the aircraft airworthiness nor rectify any discrepancies.

I am curious. How would you propose to carry out a maintenance preflight in the standard 35 minute turnaround on a B737, taking into account the current heavy workload of both Tech Crew?

Thankfully I believe you are in the minority. And as I said in an earlier post, if you're not happy about it, complain to CASA, your representative body and your employer.

Last edited by AN LAME; 22nd Jan 2003 at 09:38.