PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Cheese ASA Style
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2012, 03:50
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASA ATCs are extraordinarily well-compensated for a non degree-qualified job
That's your opinion, it's valid and you're entitled to it. My opinion, I'm proud to be part of an association that has worked hard for the level of remuneration we 'enjoy' my further opinion is that we are underpaid, you compare to the emergency services, I compare to the financial services, degree qualified and destroying economies, people's futures (banksia, storm etc) etc.

There is nothing fair about a nurse, policeman or firies wages. Doesn't change the fact that ASA is playing a risky game here, they are playing a game according to excel spreadsheets that have consequences. You can piss and moan all you like and compare forever, but try comparing it to Lake Constance, not only the event but the on-going ramifications. There were identified organisational deficiencies that contributed to this.

ASA explodes at the seams with floor walkers that will present power point risk management strategies to ATC's who shake their head at the tripe. Like a pilot, sit in the chair and make the decisions, know that every single transmission, mouse click and action you take is recorded. I would love for every single employee in ASA to have every single action, every single phone call, financial decision etc to be recorded and for them to have to justify such. I would love for their performance to be assessed the way mine is.

I don't give a rats what the public perception of me is, I do give a rats when lies are promulgated in public from the managers that should be facilitating a safe and efficient service. I do give a rats when 'operational requirement' is used in a NOTAM to describe 'staff shortage,' weasel dick words from those who haven't got the courage to admit they have made a massive mistake with operational staffing.