PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2012, 23:53
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would he want to be the local bigwig in a country with a population of 4.6 Million

Is that a serious statement? My own view is shared by the majority of Ryanair shareholders, and I know racedo you're probably going to refrain from digging at your own CEO for obvious reasons. Only Michael O'Leary and his ego have led to the 3 takeover attempts and the 29.4% shareholding in Aer Lingus and not Ryanair's shareholders. For some reason he wants Aer Lingus and we will probably never know what that reason is, the only massive one I can think of worth value is the 7 aircraft in the Long Haul fleet and slots at Heathrow and others Aer Lingus hold. He has wasted millions of Ryanair's cash in Aer Lingus for no benefit to Ryanair or its shareholders and the only way he can get this money back is by buying Aer Lingus shutting it down or merging it and selling of the assets. Advantage of all this? he's the main airline in the state and the competition Ryanair love to talk about bringing in e.g. BA, Virgin etc.. would be running because not one company with commercial sense would take him on after previous attempts by many e.g. easyJet, Go etc. O'Leary then leaves with an unblemished and hugely successful career at Europe's largest carrier and his ego unchanged.. oh and the massive paycheck as well.