PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2012, 22:20
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only flew with bmi a few times, all in the last few years (pretty much since the rebranding to bmi took place). I must say that they offered a very nice product. I found them to be more comfortable than BA and the aircraft always looked like they were cared for a bit more on the inside, no worn or tatty seats. I know a lot of people who worked for them at various stages and thankfully most of them have been taken up by other airlines or handling agents in one form or another. Sadly, a few have lost their jobs.

I am missing them already as I book flights home from LHR to Edinburgh. Before there used to be good competition on flight times and especially prices. Now, while the times have more or less remained unchanged as both airlines had a pretty regular shuttle in both directions anyway, the prices however have shot right up. Now that the route has a sole operator, BA can charge whatever they want, really. The sooner someone else can step in and take away BAs monopoly on that route the better!