PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poor guys, never stood a chance
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2012, 19:00
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irrespective of whom,what ,when, where, anyone joining the military should be aware:- You are paid to take orders from the heirarchy above you, no ifs ands or buts... kill or be killed, that's the objective of your employment -group.

It's non-negotiable, Military = obay orders to kill whoever your superiors dictate..........if you didn't think that one through before you signed up for the glamour/excitement/prestige/travel/cush number...or one of the myriad of other excuses I've hearrrr fo joining a killing-machine.....no sympathy, tough cheddar.

Can I just ask if I'm the only one who thinks the above text is total nonsense?

IMHO it is completely missing the point of the the thread.
We are not talking about western forces here.
The fighters on one side probably didn't choose to join up, and the opposition didn't join up as they are part of loose irregular movements.

Many of the fighters are not being paid, and to be honest the sight of your fellow villagers being brutally murdered by state troops is probably as good an incentive to fight against them as any other.

This is a serious conflict (which ones aren't ), and silly ideas about 'not thinking things through' won't really help anyone.

I for one could not look a mother in the eye whom had just seen her husband and sons gunned down in cold blood (perhaps in their own home) by out of control state troops, and then say 'they should have thought about this more fully'