PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 29th Oct 2012, 18:54
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunate press.

Sandilands - Plane Talking.

"What the committee finds out about how the ATSB and CASA contrived to issue a report in which none of the material failings of the operator of the jet were explored will be of immense importance to the future integrity of air safety review procedures in both bodies". Ben Sandilands Plane Talking.
So two questions to answer then – Why and Who?

Who is fairly easy to define; who ordered the corruption of the ATSB report and who orchestrated the audit cover up, the Senate have proof in all those lovely emails. ATSB have confessed their part of the conspiracy. It's just a matter of resignations and the laying of real criminal charges, by real coppers in a real court now. No soft, slushy evidence in the AAT for this crew.

It will be more interesting to find out WHY the CASA actions were so out of character; and who managed the 'unfortunate' charge to self destruction. I hear some of the 'in camera' evidence was so devastating to the CASA position that even the most ardent 'true believers' have been shaking their heads.

The next thing (Shirley) for the Senate must be to open up a general inquiry into the real impact of CASA actions across the industry. A full and open assessment will lead to a Royal Commission, because if the lid is coming off this crock, whoever is the minister will want control. I wonder if a new government will institute a reformation? They sure need to.

There, I feel much less deluded now.

Last edited by Kharon; 29th Oct 2012 at 18:58.