PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - The 5 star JOKE!!!
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2012, 15:38
disagreeable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+ 1 on that Gncy

Alot of truth in this forum, but depends on where you are in the mental cycle here. What I mean is you have definate cycles of frustration here...... simply put, the combination of Doha disorganisation combined with QR disorganisation adds up and eventually you will have a snap......

generally this will happen alot more if you are getting screwed around by office staff ..... eg: your holidays getting shifted or removed; nobody answering phone calls; different answers to questions; no reply to emails even with vital questions being asked; no communication on alot of issues,constant changes to OM A and SOP's..etc etc ...... and the list could really go on..... for those here you know what I mean

the problem is they are waiting for the NDIA to come so things can be shifted into a "new" phase..... but I really think they are fooling themselves as most of the problem is with the fact that they employ office staff that are incompetant, with no ryme or reason for things they do to you or others..... they just dont seem to have a template of steps to follow or do to have things in order.... its organised chaos! This also includes some of the managers as well, surely they are approving some of the crap that happens so they are part of the fray as well.

To be fair as well, the whole place is expanding at a riddiculas pace..... and everything is stretched to the limit, BUT thats really no excuse, and is really just bad planning......

Yes I agree, over the water, they have the idea, they think about what they want and make it with quality, and it shows, defections across the pond are happening alot! People disapearing because they are unhappy or not being trainined is also happening. That should give a clue to people who are not here.

All they have to do is simply COPY the treatment of the crews in Emirates for e.g! its not hard!!!!!
....... arent we a 5 star airline? or is it fools gold airline?

Also, the training is good in alot of areas but really bad on other.... double standards and weird interpretations of the SOP's. overworked training captains, no continuous training roster for new hires, not really any significant training material that helps a new joiner/transition jet pilot, terrible CBT etc etc......

The poor guys still on training hold have every right to be off..... those guys are not getting told whats happening and are being at this stage treated like the indian wheel cleaners! successful Airline = communication QR!!! no wonder 40 777 guys bailed, and no wonder many others waiting to be trained will too i bet....

as to me, i dont plan to stay past my contract, if i get that far. I owe nothing so its a matter of being patient and going across the water when the time comes, especially if the rosters dont get better and the NDIA is a flop.....

To be fair, QR is still a good option if you get the call and NO OTHER opportunities arise...... come and see the other half, you can then decide when your here if its the place for you..... but dont poo poo people for taking the time to open your eyes to how it is here for alot of people.

good luck and enjoy(??)

Last edited by disagreeable; 29th Oct 2012 at 15:44.