PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dublin Airport Security
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2012, 09:52
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MightyGem
What's with the security at Dublin airport? You land to connect to another flight, and the first thing that happens when you get off the plane is you go through security! Of course, you have to give up any liquids over the limit.

Not too much of a problem for me and the wife. She just had to dump a bottle of water that she'd bought in the Departure Lounge at Heathrow, but she wasn't happy.

Coming back from Boston, there was more than one bottle of Duty Free confiscated from other passengers.

WTF??
If the origin and connection airports are in the EU the Duty Free Shop should put the 'bottle' in a special plastic bag with the receipt in plain view. Provided it was purchased within 24hrs or so and is unopened, etc. Security at the connecting airport should accept it without comment.

This also works if the DF was purchased on an EU airlines flight into the EU and a couple of other 'selected' airlines (I think SQ is on the list, but not many others).

This DOES NOT work at US gateways but you do have the chance (as you must clear your luggage through customs) to stuff the bottle into your checked luggage (if you have any).

Don't buy bottled water. Not only is it not green, it is even less so if it's taken away from you. Take an empty bottle - and fill that up in the loos once past security. I've never understood the desire to buy water shipped half-way around the world when the free stuff is just as good.