PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - War in Iraq-Prospects?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2003, 05:14
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You're right Hoping. I think it's bloody disgusting the way the American administration are behaving over this (and North Korea for that matter, and everywhere else that George W has decided he is going to be the self imposed global sherriff). I think most of the free world feels the same to be honest.

Unfortunately messr's Bush and Blair have shown themselves completely unwilling to listen to any kind of reason over this one and like I said before I don't think they are the least bit interested in pulling back from Iraq until they have had their little war.

Hence, 'lets get it over with'. Bush is rightly or wrongly going to have his war and lets face it, there's nothing the rest of the world can do to stop him. People in Iraq are suffering already, at least once Saddam is dead and the boys have installed some puppet pro-american government there, then they can get some humanitarian aid in there and start trying to return life to normal for its citizens.

The most relevant side effect for us of course, will be that the airlines can stop worrying about it at last and get on with the job of hiring us all.

I've been told off by the mods before for side tracking wannabe-related threads into global political rants so I'll leave it at that