PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Airways, Future Flyers and Fixers open day
Old 28th Oct 2012, 22:37
Effoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hobnob:

1) I never said there was anything wrong with turboprops. Madjock appears to have an issue with wannabes wanting to (and succeeding to) fly jets early in their career though.
2) What have you learnt that a jet pilot hasn't?
3) Just to get it straight- I'm not an integrated "sausage" fresh from the factory.
4) My parents are proud- one of whom is a longhaul captain (but they wouldn't know how to succeed in this career would they?)
5) Because I made INFORMED choices, I factored type rating cost into my modular training.
6) Being "stuck" somewhere? What happened to peoples' sense of adventure? Isn't that part of the job?
7) Turboprop pay "isn't too great"? So, that "excellent" union of yours isn't so "excellent" then is it?

I don't have an issue with anyone else's choices. I DO have an issue with people who judge others for their choices.

Madjock:

Yep it'll be a couple of years until I break even. But let's look at the rose-tinted method that yourself and others advocate. I'd rather earn €40k after tax and pay back 80k than earn 12k after tax as a flight instructor to pay back 60k.
So, I'll be 26, paid off and either on my way to command or the sand pit. Which part of that is supposed to be a brainwashed/uniformed choice? Answers on a postcard.

Back on topic; this event sounds great and I'm sure it will be rather exciting for young boys and girls who know very little about the industry.