PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 28th Oct 2012, 20:47
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By George, I think he's got it.

Sunny 585 - Yes I know I'm slow on the uptake.
One of the best, and most interesting parts of the whole thing has been the shift in attitude from labour Sen. Searle. There was a small passage of play at the end of Estimates the week before between Searle and Eggleston where Searle was, shall we say 'disenchanted' with the prospect of the PA hearing. This attitude continues for the first hour or so of the enquiry; but as the day wears on, there is a progressive but notable shift. I think he got it after the first 'in camera'. The nature of his questions became 'interested'. This destroyed, for a while at least, the political demarcation lines. It was good to see (it is actually clearer in Hansard than from the 'vision' not so splendid).

Whether this was brought on by a realisation that the labour minister is in an embarrassing position and that 'the party' has to get pro active or; that the penny actually dropped will remain a puzzle. However; it makes no odds, if the minister even looks like being on the spot then, frogs will jump. Hope he doesn't just move Beeker to the bench and decide that is enough, because it's not. Not by a bloody long shot.

Perhaps, like a lot of folk here, Sen. Searle realised that CASA is the root of all evil and that 'he who must not named' and his happy band of sycophants, catamites and other assorted dross need to be exorcised. 'Tout de suite'; and the tooter the sweeter.

Last edited by Kharon; 28th Oct 2012 at 20:52.