PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Airways, Future Flyers and Fixers open day
Old 28th Oct 2012, 19:54
hobnobanyone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Effoh...

Nothing wrong with a dead-end Turboprop job. Tell you what, we learn a frig of a lot more than some CTC Skygod Wannabe Top-Gun types who think that they are the gift of the gods to aviation... Still, I bet your parents are dead proud of you and all you've achieved right?? Even though you've paid all your money, and still had to pay more in order to get a type rating, uniform, car parking pass, and SEP tests... What I can't understand is how this would be a sensible investment? Especially with the Ryanair hours dropping off and the good mates I have in that company stuck in places they want to be, but with no chance of moving away anywhere.

You make your choices, we make ours - we didn't sell our souls to the devil and have got so much less debt to show for it - the pay isn't too great, but certainly can be coped with - thanks to excellent Union representation - something else that you'll miss in Ryanair!

That aside, we are stuck... But still, there's worse places to be... and I'd still take my contact, with a paid salary, private medical care, lol (loss of licence!), in the city I want to be in, paid a decent amount, no need to worry about not flying with no pay, Union reprsentation and an excellent pension plan. And I didn't have to pay for my type rating either!

Last edited by hobnobanyone; 28th Oct 2012 at 20:06.