PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin service in BA economy on 747/777
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2012, 16:38
WHBM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by radeng
>That's not to say I like handing out a solitary muffin and paper cup of coffee. But that's the reality and apparently what the paying public want.<

It's what they are prepared to pay for, not what they want!
Just as a contrary experience.

In my business we typically book when we know we are going, which is normally just a few days beforehand, from London to points like Dubai or New York. This is the sort of business the mainstream carriers like to have. We always book in Y. The fares are typically twice or more what many of my seatmates who could book ahead have paid - maybe up to £1,500 for these sort of sectors. y class.

Yet we get exactly the same sort of minimalised catering, including the BA solitary Polo Mint.

it is a form of transportation. Not a restaurant.
No. On the shorter European sectors, doing a day-return out from London and back (once again at the highest fares of the day), leaving the house at 0445, queueing for ever at security, rushing into the cab from arrival airport to meeting, presenting all day, sorting out issues in the "lunch" break, rush back to airport, reverse experience, and home at 9.00 pm, those one-hour sectors in the plane are about the ONLY opportunity to get something. As you look around the cabin you see many others in the same situation. And yet the catering we got 10 years ago has been minimalised. Even when paying over £350 return London to Aberdeen.

Don't get me started on US carriers and their attitude to giving anyone a drink - are they all run by avid teetotallers from Arkansas ?