PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2012, 13:56
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was really estonished to hear that A320 pilots knew so little about that aircraft : ASSELINE who was the first A320 pilot from Air France, explained that he had to teach the other pilots, as he was the A320 Sector Chief.
He was not the sector chief pilot, merely the "senior training captain" ans as such he was responsible for the training of all pilots joining the 320 fleet.
He needed a simulator, and THOMSON (today... THALES !!!) decided with him and AIR FRANCE to provide it. So they asked to Airbus the description of the flight laws. Airbus refused but said they could provide a closed box whith a computer. THOMSON and ASSELINE accepted (no other deal possible). And ASSELINE trained himself on that blind computer !
You've either misunderstood the mission given by AF to A., which was to define a requirement for in-house simulators and for which he performed some 150 hours sim time with AeroFormation and Thjomson or you're quite a bit disingenuous. Contrarily to what you are saying about Airbus "hiding" the flight laws, these were well known by all airlines and included in the syllabus of the typre-rating at AeroFormation. I personally saw these original programs in a few airlines' VAC Bi .
You say ASSELINE was arrogant : after the accident at that public Trial, I have to say I have seen a man who still searched how that aircraft was working with his blind sealed computer box.
And I met him in Colombo in June '90 as I was being line checked on the 743 ; didn't know him but he came to the flight deck after getting some french newspapers from the girls at the back. when my check captain came back, they had a rather heated conversation, the guy being a bit graphic about how he was about to "stick it dry to AF and all"...
When he left, the checker had just these words to say : "For someone who shoud be bearing the death of three innocent people on his conscience, this man is in my opinion a bit too imbued with himself "...
Some mistake has been made between Air France and the Habsheim airport, but I am not sure that the Court evaluated that : People were placed along the grass runway, and not along the concrete runway and ASSELINE has been surprised to change the approach.
That's a load of bull if I ever saw one : There was no preparation at all about this fly-by, something that was his responsibility to have done.He eventually lined up his trajectory with the grass strip
As for the rest of your post, it just smacks of total un-understanding of aviation subjects, including av laws. If you're a pilot, I'm not surprised any more with the level of safety achieved by french pilots... of course, conspiracy theories are somehow more important than technical knowledge.

Last edited by Lemurian; 28th Oct 2012 at 16:58.