PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2012, 09:14
B737900er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Maybe because the p2f topic has been done so many times and that the threads are all the same and it gets boring

Getting the minimum hours to apply for a job is just the beginning, actually getting the interview and passing is a total different ball game all together.

As a previous thread mentions, there are lion pilots at Jet2 fly scoot HKE and Qatar. As I said the interview is the hardest part of the game, trying to convince someone that doesn't know you to hire you.

The guys who haven't got jobs, (I would say 90% of them) don't have a job because they don't have 1500 hours total and an ATPL.

Pilotchute, I can understand your frustration but P2f has been going on for years and its only since the recession it has been brought to light.

In my opinion and others, the industry went down hill since the rise of Loco which undercut everyone. The only way to compete with this is to lower your costs down as well.

A good example of this was a few years ago when BA nearly went under and O'Leary bragging how he could buy BA with his profit he made.