PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't Mess With Texas!
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2012, 22:22
GS Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Rick1128,
I appreciate your willingness to give the officers in this case the benefit of the doubt, too often it goes the other way, but in reference to a few of your statements:

Sometimes aliens and dope are moved together, but it's the exception, not the rule.

Aliens don't just give up when chased. They almost ALWAYS run. The idea that "if they evade, it must be drugs" is completely false.

The deaths were not caused by vehicle crash as you state. They were shot. If the officer was attempting to shoot tires/engine, he missed, and hit bodies.

It is my understanding that DPS Use of Force Policy allows airborne disabling fire to stop fleeing vehicles. What I'm uncertain of and I believe will be a major focus of the investigation in this case, is what ACTUAL THREAT did the vehicle in this case at that time, pose to the public or pursuing officers. I won't speculate on that, since I wasn't there.

Yes the Guatemalans in the back of that truck broke the law by illegally entering the US. But do we want America to be a place where if you jump across the fence or swim the river, you can be shot on sight?

I think at the very least DPS will be revising their Use of Force Policy in the near future.