PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How should I go about my training...
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2012, 22:20
mi2ka2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks laz219 for understanding.

Guys, I am NOT here to take away your professional pilot jobs! You are more than welcome to join a rail forum and ask about 'free' jobs/hobbies in the rail industry - they are called Heritage railways and I am sure I can point you in the right direction.

I totally disagree to what is happening to the T&Cs in the aviation industry and I will never work for free for any airline. If I never therefore work for an airline, so be it. Why would anyone pay to fly for an airline is over my head.

Now back to my question

I still want to fly but paying for every hour is crazy money. As I am getting my license back up and running what I guess I was looking for was hints and suggestions on areas to look into - the only ones I can think of are instructing (which I would expect to paid at the normal rate), glider towing (hobby i.e. unpaid) and parachute dropping.

Depending on what seems a sensible idea to do afterwards will influence what airfield I will fly from, what aircraft etc... Yes it might be early, but these things need some planning.

Anyone?