PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2003, 22:20
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Various MMMmmmiles matters

Wub -

I thought that I read somewhere that the wing had gone missing? Maybe I dreamed it.....I'll need to consult the Oracle on this one and come back to you - maybe tomorrow. I hadn't realised that it had been comprehensively stuffed...

Sir George C -

Re - Fred Dunkerly. I consulted The Oracle this afternoon but could only post when I got back from the Rubadub. He is the guy who converted a Sparrowhawk into a Sparrowjet in the 50's.

His son Alan has undertaken the task of rebuilding the remains of it - not much apparently - back into the original Sparrowhawk.

Is Ben Cox doing this? Apparently so.

Where can I get hold of Ben Cox? I have a question for him.

Nice to find out how he is getting on with it if so.

Tredders -

Glad you are enjoying this thread! I feel a ride in the Maggie (or Falcon as you wish) happening this season. EMail me to arrange if you want.

At this rate, 200 posts seems feasible. We seem to be unearthing so much stuff.

Such a pity that The Oracle isn't taking part in this - he is a mine of information and undoubtedly - by a long long shot - the worlds expert on Miles Aircraft. Trouble is - as previously stated - he isn't into computers....

My letter in Pilot - Nov02 - regarding the dropping of his mates ashes still conjures up this image of poor old Peter Amos alias 'The Oracle' spitting ash out and absolutely smothered in them.

(I have to say it was a bit of a grin - especially as his incinerated chum was a right wag apparently.)

I think he otherwise enjoyed his ride in V1075. ....!

(Watch this space - the V1075 identity may be on its way out forever. If the CAA are happy for me to change it - can't think why not - it might get done this season.)

HP