PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAG AVIATION ASIA ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2012, 07:42
FrankR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if I offended you Gavno, I didn't intend to.

I wrote what I did because I have listened to rant after rant from fellow pilots expecting top shelf pay and conditions from each and every job they sign up for. I remember back in my airline days, flying for an "entry level" big jet airline, earning $45k a year, where many pilots would spend their entire trip complaining that we didn't get treated like Delta Captains.

The more you complain about your roster, days off, and pay, the more you ruin your chances for a better job in the future. You don't get hired based on pilot skills and time, since everyone taken for an interview has met those minimums. You will get hired and promoted (or not) based on how frequently you slander people, (as pilotbear just did) or complain, whine, or "lose control" and scream at a CSR or CA.

So my points were not directed at anyone specific, and I didn't want to piss off anyone, I just read the comments after the first ten or so that were rather pointedly negitive about TAG, and about pay and conditions. I think these guys are off-base, and need something to think about.

As for pilotbear's comments that
"Asian biz jet companies are the worst to work for because they are run by very old drunk has-beens , wannabes or people who have nowhere to go and feel the need to constantly put people down to boost their own self esteem"

I'd like to say “wow! How do you really feel?” and that pilotbear needs to get out more. HK companies are half run by expats, and half by locals. They are BY FAR the better choice when compared to most any place outside of the US and Europe, and they are as good or better than half of those inside the US or Europe. (If you want to experience crappy management and difficult conditions, try working for a Learjet charter company in Van Nuys or Houston).

As for pilotbear's comment
"There are one or two companies that are trying to make the change and the very best of luck to them"
He couldn't be more wrong. Everything is fine in Hong Kong. No one is trying to change anything, it's fine how it is. There are always rumors of the month on/month off contracts to come, but so far, ZIP. If upper management wanted a change, it would happen yesterday! Challenger 300 Captains here earn over US $19,000 a month, is that not enough?

Reread pilotbear's first post on this, you'll see he is really wound up at TAG Asia for some reason. If he needs to vent, so be it.

In the end, Hong Kong is a great place to live and work. Regardless of where you are, in order to get to the next rung on the ladder, accept what you've been given, smile, and don't bitch too much.

OK?

FR