PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2012, 22:11
AlphaZuluRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jcjeant, take care, your last post coud be read as if you thought "abnormal"/"unsatisfying" that the organizations/companies you quote do not simply ceased to exist, due to some justice decision.
That would be vengeance (?), not justice.

roulishollandais, I can't see how an AoA protection (alpha prot / alpha max) would prevent to fly at 100ft? Are you sure you didn't mean the automatic TOGA engagement (i.e. alpha floor) instead?
With alpha floor disengaged/forbidden, but normal law still in force (Habsheim's configuration), alpha prot/max protection still applies and the aircraft will do its best to avoid stalling...

Regarding your: "Would Asseline have done a second approach, he would have been too low over the trees to respect the 100 FT Asseline was able to fly on the THOMSON "simulator" with its blind box and he could not know it..."
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean, here... Would you be so kind as to elaborate?

And finally, about the g protection hypothesis (i.e. the limitation to +2.5g which would have prevented Asseling to start the climb quickly):
This hypothesis is null & void as per the BEA report (which, by the way, does examine what you call "the automation of A320").