PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers and Shoes??
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2003, 19:48
TIMMEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liquiid Gold.
Have had numerous occassions over the years whereby feral backpackers and others attempted to board my shiny aluminium tube barefoot.
One feral caucasian insisted that they never wore footwear because of religious beliefs and when told that they could not board the flight reached into their bag and guess what?
Presto - a pair of sandals (or German tourist boots to some) appeared miraculously!

As others have said litigation is the prime motivator here apart from the fact that it's digusting to say the least.

Have had smelly passengers kicked off also after numerous complaints on the ground from both other passengers and cabin crew.
I guess that bathing wasnt their strong point and the fact that the raw bacteria multiplying in their armpits was causing distress and frustration to passengers within about 3 rows who threatened to walk and actually started to hassle the offending person caused me to have the foul smelling person removed.

The smell physically made me stink and I used to fly in a part of the world where individuals never actually bathed!
It was that bad.

I actually got backup from other pax, the cabin crew, the Federal Police (who couldnt believe the stench) and the airport manager.
The round of applause from all pax when the smelly one left the aircraft hopefully was motivation to bath next time!

Blue Hauler, you were never responsible for arresting any individuals who are now Cathay Pilots whilst in Darwin were you?