PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2012, 11:23
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enstrom 280C Turbo Shark G-KENY as seen at Shoreham in 1985 (Photo: Adrian Batchelor)

Well, one might easily be excused for believing the Shark displayed above was named after the 'Maestro' himself but .. unless I am mistaken .. was probably named after a chap called Ken Stokes of Wells in Somerset.

But .. KENY (after becoming OMCP) did end-up in the Maestro's hands when in 1989 he bought her and re-named her G-SHUU for his Biggin-based 'Starline' operation.

And .. most probably, Denissimo has had constant involvement with this craft becase in 1985 she was bought by the rally driver Tony Pond who was one of the 'Menace's' client's during his days with Skyline at Wycombe Air Park.

The last time I saw Tony Pond was in 1984. I was undergoing flight training with 'Nobby' Clarke in G-TALY when Booker got socked-in. Under 'Antonio's' guidance we fluttered down to Tony's home pad .. just as Rowan Atkinson drove up the drive way.

The encounter between 'Nobby' and Atkinson over tea at Tony Pond's was, well .. pricesless!