PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea heli ditching: Oct 2012
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2012, 17:59
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Geoffers....twas not I crowing about the 225 back when Brother Lappos and HC were arguing the various merits of the two aircraft.

As you rightly say....what goes around....comes around.

I anticipate the same folks that were so critical of the 92...rightly so in a lot of regards....should also rightly hold EC and the 225 to the EXACT same standards they did of the 92.

The key difference between the two situations is the 92 was a new design and being fielded without a long history of good service to allow for generating a historical data base for comparison purposes, encountered some very unforeseen problems, and seems now to have overcome its initial problems.

The 225 on the other hand....did just the opposite....used legacy engineering based upon a well proven design and just recently has encountered some very severe problems that are the result of tinkering with a basically sound design (in most regards) despite having some adverse design issues.

I just like to see some fair play when it comes to discussing the relative merits of two very different designs....each has its strong points and each has its not so strong points.