PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security officials surround aircraft; threaten to arrest passengers
Old 25th Oct 2012, 07:57
thegrapevine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As mentioned by one of the members in an earlier post that the guys would have just kept mum, had it been a kochi-abu dhabi leg instead of abu dhabi -kochi leg, Not wanting to offend anyone,but i have noticed on many flights, the moment we touch down and the people realise that they are in their own country(kerala) their lungis start to go up, and once i was told by a mallu friend that the moment lungis start to move up its time for action!!..
I would like to add that had it been any other airline like emirates, etihad, gulf or anyother,i am sure the lungis would have stayed down... Why do people have this attitude towards Air India, that they can do anything and get away with it.. I have known of passengers misbehaving with cabin crew and not following simple instructions, but the same set of passengers when travelling by some other airlines when are told by the firangi cabin crew to behave and keep shut, they just turn into the most humble and well behaved pax, but the moment our AI cabin crew asks them for something, they are always ready for arguements, and mobiles are flashed and videos are made and we are constantly threatened the media gets involved and a big issue is made out of it!
I totally support the captain of this AIX flight, and she absolutely did the right thing, i would have done the same and even in future if faced with such a situation i would still take the most strict action against someone, who is not authorized gets or even tries to get close to the cockpit. There are places in this world where just using certain words at the airport or during a flight would land you into grave trouble, and here we are defending people who tried to get into the cockpit??
For the passengers, i would just like to sympathize with them at the same timeb i think that they should have waited until they were out of the A/C and clear of the restricted area and then they should have protested..

Last edited by thegrapevine; 25th Oct 2012 at 08:05.