PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2012, 07:26
darkroomsource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks...
This is a life-changing experience, to go to Botswana (or Namibia) in search of a flying job. Whether you land that first job or not, it will change the way you view the world and yourself.
Any kind of commitment like this requires significant research (for most of us), so to take hours, days, weeks, even months to read everything available is a reasonable expectation.
Not only did I read through everything available in places like this thread, but I started regularly reading the online and printed newspapers from Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Malawi, Zimbabwe, etc.
Africa is a different place than most of us know, the people are different, the life is different.
If you're serious, you'll take the time to read and familiarize yourself with the information available. Then, questions like "what is the pay?", "what is it like to live there?", "what do I need to bring?", will all be answered, as will questions like "what are my chances if I have X and Y?"
Although recently there have been some changes in visa requirements, the basics have not changed, and almost any question you can think of has already been answered, repeatedly.
Start at the beginning, read the whole thing, it might take a few weeks, but when you're done you'll know whether or not you're coming.