PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 25th Oct 2012, 04:08
Lester Burnham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kharon; I think you may have verballed me. You didn't happen to work for the Queensland coppers in the 1980s did you? I have no heros and I don't think I have done since I was 10 years old. If I did have heros, I certainly wouldn't find any associated with this sorry tale, either before during or after the accident. My post was regarding the heavy implication of impropriety in recruiting the CP here, on other blogs and in the transcript of the inquiry itself. I find this highly amusing for the reasons I listed. I don't recall making any comment on the suitability or otherwise of the CP.

If you have knowledge of the in camera proceedings then to you. I don't think you should be talking about them here but hey, we all have different opinions on these things.

I find this concentration on the Senate inquiry amusing, particularly from someone like yourself who has been around the traps. I find it very refreshing to see optimism in someone of your experience, but I say that through the prism of my own cynicism. History tells us that the purpose of these inquiries is to shovel out **** higher than the other blokes, the person with the highest pile wins. What he wins is stalemate, or the warm comforting feeling of having his arse covered.

Mr James is shovelling it because he wants to spread the blame (he has the most reason to shovel, who could blame him). The Coalition Senators are shovelling it because they are hoping to embarass Albo. The ALP Sentators are shovelling it because they want to protect Albo. CASA are shovelling it because they want to protect themselves. The ATSB are shovelling it because CASA are and they don't want to miss out (might impact budget you know). Messrs Quinn and Ahearne are shovelling it for many reasons, at least some of which are related to the temperature at which revenge is best served. Senator X is the only one that doesn't seem to be shovelling it, but maybe he has a front end loader that we don't know about?

We could have an earth shattering result from all of this shovelling, but my guess is that it will peter out to nothing and we will all be left wondering how the hell the ATSB came up with that report.