PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva Air, Taiwan
Thread: Eva Air, Taiwan
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2012, 01:40
upspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@cosmiccomet:

I agree with you that the Airbus or even the 777 (not likely) would be better options than the B744, however it's up to EVA where they'll put you according to company needs and this was made quite clear during the screening, so not much choice there. Regarding the training bond, I understood that it wouldn't be payed by the employee during this initial 4 years (no salary deductions like in some airlines), but it would be decreased to zero pro rata at a certain rate after joining. If you leave before the 4 years, you pay the residual and so forth. But then again, we did not receive any specific details about the contract so I'll have to wait and see how it works once and if offered employment.

@etops777:

I didn't write that Taiwan was like China, but that EVA and it's infrastructure seemed quite organized when compared to other Airlines in China and South America. As for overall social infrastructure of Taiwan as a whole, having spent only 5 days in one city doesn't make me an expert, but it did SEEM to be very well organized, and I can say for sure that in no South American country there is a general infrastructure like what a saw in Taiwan or in even China (worked 1 year there). Having lived in 2 of the most developed countries in South America and flown all over that region for over 6 years I will agree with you 100%.

Nevertheless, I am only comparing infraestructure such as airports, ports, public transport, urban organization, etc. As far as quality of life is concerned, which IMHO is a much more complex and broader subject, many other facts and issues have to be taken into account, maybe too many to be discussed in this thread.

As for training bonds, I do agree with you that these are necessary, especially if the numbers are reasonable, but USD 60.000 is a very high ammount and I believe that there are more efficient ways of building a loyal relationship between employer and employee, thus preventing pilots from bailing out.

Cheers,

Upspeed.

Last edited by upspeed; 25th Oct 2012 at 01:41.