PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 24th Oct 2012, 12:48
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So tell me is there a problem with discussing the chute in fine detail???
Of course not, nor is it for me to decide. I really don't mean to appear tetchy - but discuss whatever you will. In fact I have found the discussion really interesting.

My "concern" was the discussion doesn't become circular.

To be fair you have promoted the notion on numerous occasions that the chute might engender over confidence in some pilots - I don't think anyone disputes that is a possibility.

To be fair you have also promoted the idea that Cirrus should say more about the chute - we debated why they don't, and I cant see anyone has anything new or different to contribute.

I just dont see what you were seeking to achieve, or add to the debate, by giving some circumstances in which pilot's might be overly confident because of the chute - no one is disagreeing with you! On the assumption that much you accept, I assumed there was something else on your mind - but I cant understand what it could be?

That is why from my point of view unless anyone really has anything new to contribute I think the thread has run its course for now - but as I said above go round in circles as much as you like for all I care.