PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 24th Oct 2012, 11:16
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it you seek
?

An informed discussion about all the pros and cons of what is a first from a major manufacturer.
I think you will find the fact that it is a first will generate a lot of discussion which is only natural!
When we start to move away from taught practice ie engine failure is it odd to you that that should not also be discussed.
As for the chute as I have posted I have shifted my opinion through discussions with people like you and 007.
I have also posted that I hope other manufacturers follow suit so hardly wanting to ban chutes infact the very opposite.
Fuji I hope it is fully discussed and not taken as an attack on Cirrus. Because there are important points to fully discuss.
Further the manufacturer has not given definative directions on its use for reasons you have stated so when and where to use the chute will be unofficial and open to personal interpretation hence more important that every angle is discussed.
007 with his pull on all engine failure policy had not considered winds and a possible 30mph plus forward impact.
Now he is aware of that it may add some further thought in his pull or not to pull decisions.
So tell me is there a problem with discussing the chute in fine detail???

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 24th Oct 2012 at 11:17.