PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 24th Oct 2012, 01:47
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hansard – James: Pel-Air was known to CASA for particular deficiencies in its operation, but that too was not acted upon. Then, after the accident, there was more inaction, this time in the form of the ATSB not disclosing in the accident report the findings of the Pel-Air special audit, amongst other things.

Hansard – James: I had available to me, it strikes me as astoundingly hypocritical of the ATSB to have made these criticisms when the ATSB has failed to do its job after nearly three years and with almost unlimited resources.
ATSB cannot carry the sole responsibility. The ATSB commissioner is as much at the mercy of the "Authority" (mystique of air safety myth) as anyone else without experience of air operations. Dolan is a 'professional' public servant, not an experienced yachty or airman. Read then read again his mumblings, then read the "he who cannot be shamed' tirade again. "This is what we the 'authority' believe and want to made into truth, trust us". And the purblind fool did. QED.

CASA approved the TC system which failed to pick up normalised deficiencies across the board, FCOL the bloody ex CP nearly ran out noise at Norfolk as did James. The TC may have abandoned the pilot, but so did the new CASA approved whiz bang CP, the one CASA are (sic) delighted with.

Where did the new and delightful CP say 'hey, these flights need a bit more thought; we can't land at Fiji (fuel account embarrassment) we can't land in Noumea (regulatory embarrassment) we can't operate at economical altitudes (RVSM embarrassment) there is a trend of running low on fuel developing and no one seems to be able to work out a simple radius of action fuel plan'. Time for changes ? you bet. Did they happen - No and yet this Muppet so 'delighted' CASA, they hired him to oversight more CASA approved operations. Spare me.

Did DJ stuff it up – Yup, but he had help; lots of it. Trouble is the 'help' was tucked in bed with Mum at the time or at the pub with the boys. CASA approved the systems, CASA approved the delightful CP.

Where is the CP statement, where is the rest of the flight crew statement and where the hell is the company response.

Sunny, thank you for the overboard briefing, saved me doing it, Oh, and by the way, "Looped around his wrist", should have wrapped it around his Willy, could have gone out with bang then.

Last edited by Kharon; 24th Oct 2012 at 01:50.