PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 22:33
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that Blackie!

No Blackie as has been mentioned before the PIC was done over and pineappled back in Act 1 Scene 1..

I still find it very 'odd' that the regulator wouldn't have devoted a paragraph or two about the functionality etc of several of the safety systems, procedures, factors, after all this was a ditching carried out at night where everyone survived.

Like "K" says above I also question that the CASA investigation/Final report, which was supposedly run in parallel as per the MOU, could be completed over 2 years before the ATSB. Then to top it all off the ATSB report almost exactly mirrors the CASA report...hmm that's very suss!

I also agree with "K" on the other pilot issue i.e. there was no issue. Last time I looked this was a multi-crew operation which should mean there are COMs including FCOMs, Part A references, approved Multi-crew checklists, QRH, TCS multi-crew references etc..etc. The fact that a supposedly competent FO could sit there fat, dumb and happy blindly accepting the PIC blatant deficiencies is simply staggering!

PS Sorry Sunny missed your post something about always looking fwd...anyway congrats on an absolutely spot on post!

Last edited by Sarcs; 24th Oct 2012 at 09:14.