PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I really need some advice regarding education and pilot career
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 11:42
RTN11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread has become rather difficult reading due to a lot of deleted posts!

Of course in this instance, it is imperative I get great results, so I will!
You say that now, but Gen Nav, Met and Air law in particular are very in depth and difficult subjects. They can feel a million miles away from the airline job you dream of, and leave you feeling you are learning a lot of useless information you will never use. At this point it can be very difficult for many to keep the required dedication, and many people fail one of these exams more than once.

Ultimately your A-Level results won't matter once you get a CPL/IR and a good dose of experience - ie more than 1000 hours. Up to that point you will be up against hundreds of other candidates all with a basic CPL/IR and the minimum 200 hours, so who knows what could be the deciding factor in the mind of the recruiter calling people for interview.

I would really suggest you get some decent life experience, working at waitrose may or may not cover this, but I wouldn't suggest you jump straight into pilot studies without a full plan for finance and job prospects.