PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I really need some advice regarding education and pilot career
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 22:26
206Fan
RotorHead

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would have found something like computer science pretty interesting but I know I won't be able to do that, which is a shame.
Hi J4,

You won't be able to get straight onto a Computer Science Degree with your current A Level Grades. Have you thought about applying for the Foundation Degree in the mentioned subject? I don't see Maths mentioned in your list of grades above so I'm not sure on that approach either.

Currently I'm 26. Like many others I left school with diddly squat on the Grades side. After numerous years in the Construction Industry earning dam all funds (due to the recession) while paying my PPL (Helicopter) loan off I had enough. I got myself onto the Level 3 National Diploma in Electrical Engineering. I am now on the last year of the Level 5 Higher National Diploma in the same subject. Applying to Uni for next year to get my Degree once and for all.

At the age of 19 you have plenty of time to sort your education out then worry about the flying. If you are interested in Computer Science or an Engineering subject then get yourself onto a lower level course like I done and work your way up. Maths will become your best friend.

Are you currently in First Year of Uni?