PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airport - JET 2 smoke in cockpit - emergency services called
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 21:36
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLF and proud

I think that you misrepresent me and have only skimmed my posts, in at least three of them I urge the quest for better communication to be used when the safety brief is given.
The major problem however is the passengers who are determined to ignore the brief, the reason for this is unclear to me but a quick look around the cabin of any flight and you will see this behaviour.

I am pragmatic about safety and can't see any way forward with cabin safety if a large proportion of the passengers are immune from taking in any safety information no matter how well the industry presents it.

In the airline I work for the captain's last task in an evacuation is to take a PBE and a Flashlight and to search the cabin for incapacitated passengers and leave the aircraft by the rear door, as you might have guessed that will have a detrimental effect on my life expectancy. I will no doubt be risking my life for those who have become incapacitated because they did not take the trouble to read the escape instructions.

If this us being a disgrace to the profession then so be it but at least I am not viewing the situation through the eyes of the politically correct who totally reject the personal responsibility that a passenger holds for their own safety and the safety of others.

Last edited by A and C; 23rd Oct 2012 at 04:17.