PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airport - JET 2 smoke in cockpit - emergency services called
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 21:05
swordfish41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JSL

Jet Set Lady,
as I said I don't want to put words into your mouth, and If you think I've misrepresented what you said then I apologise. All I can say about the one to one briefing is that in my experience its honoured more in the breach. Clearly in your experience it isn't. I certainly understand the problems you have in trying to impart all the safety information in the time that you have, within the limits of excited or apprehensive passengers attention span. I also appreciate that if there was a serious fire you would have your hands full. You certainly seem to realise that. In fact this is why I and I think some others on this thread are saying that we get alarmed when some posters just want to say the system for evacuating passengers is fine/the best we can do, the problem is the plebs we have to carry. They're stupid, or drunk, or uneducated. ( I don't include you in this.)
The truth is almost every incident of an emergency evacuation throws up some problems, which in a more serious set of circumstances would be fatal. And it would be fatal both for the cretins and those who read the safety card in equal measure. So we should stop being complacent.