PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTC Africa
Thread: FTC Africa
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2003, 05:16
Petes Dragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other options

For those interested, some other options include:

Progress Flight Center outside Port Elizabeth: As far as I know, they are also JAA approved for some of their courses. Provide full board and excellent facilities with good standard of training. Good aircraft equipment as well. Close to PE, so IF (decent ILS) is easy.

Blue Chip Aviation at Wonderboom, Pretoria. Last I heard, they were trying to achieve JAA accreditation, but whether they have done so, I am not sure. Standardised fleet of 10 or so C172's, all in good nick. Also provide accommodation. Wonderboom lying close enough to the big centers for decent IF training, is also far enough from JNB to be able to sneak out under the TMA.

Algoa Flying Club at Port Elizabeth Airport. This is one of the small jewels in training. They have good instructors and facilities, aircraft are well maintained and they also help with finding accommodation and transport (bicycle).

43 Air School at Port Alfred (now owned by NAC). The full monty here. Full board and structured training system allows for 0-Comm under supervised conditions.

Leo Air at Nelspruit. Small outfit with excellent standards. Also provide advanced training such as aerobatics and helicopter training in the Lowveld. Provides accommodation in a

Good Hope Flying School at Cape Town International. Good facilities and reputation for high standards. Unsure on accommodation and so on, but if you do it from now till end of march, you can sleep on the beach....

Depending on what you want to do outside of training time, there is something for everybody....