PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airport - JET 2 smoke in cockpit - emergency services called
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 19:06
swordfish41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JSL Remember Phoenix

Jet Set Lady.
I didn't mean to put words in your mouth, but you did say that you would change your instructions to your cabin crew because reading this thread made you realise that there was no slide over the wing on a Boeing 737. And yet you presumabaly have thousand of hours service. And you presumably have given those "one to one briefings" hundreds (at least times ) to those passengers sitting in emergency exit row seats, although I notice that none of the vociferous posters here have been able to answer my questions about them, i.e. what is the prescribed script, what responses do you look for, does it include all the pasengers in the exit rows and so on. In all my traveling years I can remember just one instance of a passenger being asked to move because in the judgement of the CC he was too infirm to handle the task of removing the window, and that was on a TWA flight in the states. Shows how long ago that was.
Your last post says that you are not responsible for getting the passengers out of the aircraft in the event of an emergency. Did you really mean that? Go back to the incident of the BA 744 at Phoenix a few years ago, where there were the same complaints of poor communication, panic, and immobile CC. Go back and look at the thread. So should some of the other posters here. We were assured that BA would be investigating. I'm not sure what the results were. But what I and others here are arguing is that the industry and people who work in it have got their heads in the sand, because its a problem that they do not want to face . And one day it will kill people.