PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 18:56
007helicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My guess is something is wrong with training, examination, currency, ability etc!
Reading others here I have probably changed my mind and now accept that there are a bunch of not up to it pilots in the mix (as well as good ones)
If your a good one decide when and in what circumstances you will resort to the chute the rest ??? Go for the chute as a SOP as you are better alive than dead.
Pace, this argument is the "Real Pilots Do Not need a Chute" and those that are "not up for it" or make it SOP off airport are "Not a good Pilot"

It also shows a certain Macho attitude on your side, taking hedges out and stuff and being ok and can therefore probably do it again, I just personally think that is also quite a dangerous attitude.

I respect whatever you wish to make your SOP as and when you have the option of the chute, you seem to have great difficulty in accepting what someone else decides is correct for them as being a reasonable decision and that it makes them somehow one of the bunch of not up to it Pilots

Last edited by 007helicopter; 22nd Oct 2012 at 19:08.