PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airport - JET 2 smoke in cockpit - emergency services called
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 18:51
rog747

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
poor jean

i assume all the A320 family have o/w exit slides incl 318's?

i did always knew 320's had them.

737's NG have upward hinging escape hatches as you know, where as
classic 737's and the 320 family have a 50lb? hatch to chuck out the opening
(we used to put it on the seat...but not now, or do we?)

the height to slide down off the back of the lowered flaps on a 737 isn't as much as 12' feet surely as someone posted...?

the 757-200 in some versions not with UK airlines though (AA have them operating here to UK)
and all 757-300's (Thomas Cook have them) have overwing exits same as 737 classics. you chuck out the hatch here, er no you put it ON the seat.
But do these 757 variants have slides from the o/w as they are much higher than the 737?
THEY MUST HAVE SURELY?
(do not confuse with door 3l/r which has a drop-down door and slide.)

so you expect Jean to know all this too? lol

i sit often at exit doors and never do the CC fully brief me or brief me at all.
often i say i am ex crew/airline staff so they smile and giggle and later on drinks are freeflowing should i wish (i don't)

i always ask if i should be unfamiliar with the door mechanism to be shown that and often gasps of breath from all those around me that i dare mention the thought that in 10 minutes time we maybe rapidly trying to expedite squeezing our fat bums out of the small aperture to escape it being warmly singed...

it's like cancer oooh don't mention the C word except the C here is crash or chaos and we are all too often afraid or embarrassed to discuss....

i think some posts here have been excellent and hello again mrs jetset

Last edited by rog747; 22nd Oct 2012 at 19:01.