PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airport - JET 2 smoke in cockpit - emergency services called
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 17:06
CEJM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JSL had a very valid point. Maybe it is worthwhile for the cabin crew to include in their safety brief that the overwing exits have no slides and that pax should slide of the flaps.

We don't know if Jean has read the Safety Instructions or not. If she hasn't then that is not so smart. If she has, and hasn't understood them then it should be investigated why people don't understand them.

Originally Posted by Running_In
1.) If I'm sat 5 rows from a door and I can't get out because there are people who are either in shock or don't know what to do in the way I don't care if they read the card. I want them out of the way and I expect the crew to make sure that is happening. That isn't the time to get into a debate about rights and responsibilities in modern society, not while my duty free is melting.

i.e the crew have a responsibility to cater for those who are a problem for the sake of everyone else.
Running In, I do get the impression that you are trolling. If you really work onboard an aircraft as you say, then you should be aware that there is no hope in hell that a member of cabin crew is going to get anywhere in the cabin apart from their evacuation position. In the Jet2 case, you got 189 people trying to evacuate an aircraft and a person will NOT be able to go against the flow of people who are trying to exit the jet.

Last edited by CEJM; 22nd Oct 2012 at 17:08.