PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airport - JET 2 smoke in cockpit - emergency services called
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 16:19
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This isn't a LCC issue people. BA charge for exit seats as do Virgin. I see nobody questioning whether they do checks on people before selecting seats (whether they charge or not). And if someone sat in an exit who was not suitable the cabin crew would feel more comfortable moving seone who's paid a £12 supplement on easyJet compared to a legacy carrier or MEB3 airlines.

Do you not feel there would be more pressure on cabin crew if the pax was a gold tier frequently flyer/1K/Exec Club. I'm quite certain if it happened on a certain Middle East airline then the cabin crew would be disciplined. Afterall it tends to be those with status who get to select the exit rows particularly on US airlines.

I cringe reading some replies on here. I miss the days when it was mainly pilots. Not spotters/trolls/armchair CEOs! Just because you watch Aircrash Investigation does not mean you are a safety expert nor are you qualified to ammend or write airline SOPs.

Last edited by fa2fi; 22nd Oct 2012 at 16:23.