PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 14:39
tom1975

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dublinaviator -

That's just pure scaremongering. Any new group that would be formed from a Ryanair takeover would share profits. I don't see what the problem is with that prospect?
I don't see how this is scaremongering? It's a statement, that is likely to happen, but it is not something taht should block the transaction!

More than likely, were Ryanair allowed to takeover Aer Lingus, the European Commission would require them to release some LHR slots to other carriers. So that has to be expected. From a consumer point of view, I think it'd be good to have more competition on the DUB-LHR route.
While, BA are now also in this route, perhaps, a better fit, would be SNT or LGW. If EI access to LHR becomes mopre restrictive, or non existant, it shuts down access for many people with connections. People do not connect via STN, and there is no competition on the STN - DUB route...

Aer Lingus are already doing this themselves. Since Christoph Mueller has taken over as CEO, the size of their long-haul and short-haul fleet has reduced and the size of their A321 fleet in particular has been cut in half. Ryanair on the other hand have stated they would grow the Aer Lingus short-haul and long-haul fleet. And they can do this because they have the capital to invest in new aircraft, and could also transfer Ryanair operated aircraft over to the Aer Lingus operation.

Incorrect - EI short haul fleet has actually grown... yes, the 321 fleet is now smaller, but the 320 fleet, and 319 fleet is bigger. Your comments are misleading! Also keep in mind, EI have additional 319's coming, and the 350's on order!
Ryanair is one of the largest employers in this country and is constantly hiring people in their head office in Dublin. So the idea that they'd outsource all the Aer Lingus staff functions overseas is a bit daft.

What would more likely happen is Ryanair head office staff would actually move into Aer Lingus' offices in Hangar 6 in order to obtain synergies and efficiencies in management functions.

I actually find this comment more concerning... FR haven't really increased the space they have at Dublin, so constantly hiring at Dublin would also lead one to bellieve they also have massive turn over, and is NOT such a good place to work... they may be a large employer, but are they a good one!