PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airport - JET 2 smoke in cockpit - emergency services called
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 13:05
Dg800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't want to lead us down a rabbit hole here but if someone doesn't learn what you're trying to teach them then there's a good chance it was your fault. For fear of getting lost in the analogy then why didn't you stop him playing football? Kids want to play football, they don't want to learn but it is your job to make them learn. As I've already said, you aren't doing someone a favor if your doing what you get paid to do be that getting them through an exam or getting them off a burning aircraft.
You're right, you're really not trolling, you just evidently bought into the whole "It's not my fault I'm too stupid, it's yours" and "I'm a paying customer so I only have rights and no responsibilities/obligations" mentality, lock stock and barrel. To continue with the teacher analogy, it's not the teacher's job to stop the kids playing football instead of doing their homework after classes, it's the parents'. If said parents keep blaming the teacher then they really got the child they deserve (and vice versa).

BTW, are you perhaps advocating that FAs should walk down the aisle and whack passengers who are obviously not paying attention with a ruler?

Last edited by Dg800; 22nd Oct 2012 at 13:25.