PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airport - JET 2 smoke in cockpit - emergency services called
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 11:35
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running in

On one hand you are saying that the industry is not giving enough information and not in the correct way and I am more than happy to take the communication issue on board but on the other hand you are telling me that people under stress will do unpredictable things.

By the very nature unpredictable is not predictable so the industry can only do its best to predict what it thinks is most likely and brief for it.
The industry has learned the lessons from incidents and made changes over he years but no emergency situation is likely to be utterly predictable unless you are a newspaper reporter or a lawyer who has had years to decide on a course of action that the crew had seconds to take.

I know the industry is not perfect but it takes all reasonable steps to ensure he safety of the passengers, all I ask is that the passengers take the reasonable course of action and pay attention to the safety information that the airline give.