PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airport - JET 2 smoke in cockpit - emergency services called
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 09:36
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running in

I did not say Jean was a bad person bad and stupid are to entirely different things, there was a safety brief and a card giving the safety information in the seat pocket in front of her. Not reading and understanding is stupid and shows a lack of responsabiltity for personal safety and the safety of others, fortunately her failure to take in the safety information did not result in death or injury to anyone.

You need to get it into your head that the airline industry can only provide the safety information, the passengers have the responsabiltity to listen and understand the information that is presented to them.

Mr A Tis I am all for better communication of safety information and research into the human factors aspects of passenger safety but when I fly as a passenger I see people who can't be bothered to listen or watch the safety brief, please do tell me what more the industry can do to reach these people ?

As far as I can see the airline industry discharges its duty to give the passengers the safety information they need, it is by and large the passengers who fail in their duty to listen to the brief that is given.

Last edited by A and C; 22nd Oct 2012 at 09:43.