PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airport - JET 2 smoke in cockpit - emergency services called
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 08:06
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLF and proud

I wonder what your reaction would be if your family had been stopped from getting out of an aircraft that was burning because of someone who had failed to take any notice of the safety brief and card ?

Avoiding personal responsabiltity for their actions is what you are advocating, if it was just the likes of Jean who would come to harm because they did not take in the safety brief than I would say nothing but under different circumstances her lack of attention to the safety brief could have resulted in the death of tens of people.......... I am sure that she is not the only one on that aircraft who ignored the safety information that was presented to them but she is the one who stuck her head above the media parapet and proved that she had not taken in the fact that you should slide down the flaps ( that he crew had set to 40).

It would seem that you have not taken in the way to escape from the overwing exit and have proven this by saying that you have to jump off the wing in to a dark area, you should of course slide down the flaps and the area is illuminated by the aircraft emergency lights...........I await another uninformed reply.

Last edited by A and C; 22nd Oct 2012 at 08:08.